Sunday, July 20, 2008

We have a zipper.


So I faced my fear of my zipper, actually it was the fear of the zipper foot. Just figuring how to get that thing on the machine was half the battle. (I have a old school machine, but it has never let me down.) I started with Michelle's glue stick zipper tutorial which is great, and guess what, it was easy, easy! I did start my zipper down too far and had to add a hook and an eye at the end. I can't tell you how many times I pass on a pattern because it has a zipper, but those days are over. Yeah! I haven't put in a zipper for 15 years, and all I've got to say is what's next.





I think you can see why Saga loves breakfast at IKEA. I do too, $5.15 gets you breakfast for three.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Hee hee... she is sooo cute eating that enormous roll!

Stephanie said...

That dress is adorable. Congrats on conquering the zipper!

I wish I had a cinnabun right now. :)

laura said...

What a cute dress!She looks cute...
My children love having breakfast or lunch to at Ikea!
Regards Laura

Nantucket Mermaid said...

I remember sewing a beautiful full length wool coat and putting in the lining on the front instead of the inside. All I could do was laugh! (And then rip it all out and do it right.)I bet I'll never do that again..but it really was so pathetic, it was funny.....sew on, sistah! xo

periwinkle said...

well done on the zip - ladybirds are cute
lisa x

Astrid said...

LOL - our trips to IKEA usually include dinner, which is just as cheap and includes an adjacent playground. :) Saga's breakfast looks tempting, though!

Astrid said...

And I almost forgot - congrats on the zipper and what an adorable dress! ;)

LisaAnn said...

Thanks for the kind words! I bought some more zippers today to keep on hand.