Saturday, July 26, 2008

Got to love orange buttons.



I visited a new to me thrift store and was met with with a wonderful surprise. Patterns! I am never lucky at the thrift store, but it was my day. I found the sweetest size two patterns and they have never been used. Most of them are from the 70's which just excites me to no end. I also found a group of patterns from the 80's for me.




This is the new shirt I made for myself using one of the found patterns. It is from '82. I really like how it turned out. The fabric is an old sheet which I also found at the thrift store. I wanted to try out the pattern first before I used new fabric because I had to make size adjustments. I actually like this sheet shirt. Does it scream hello, I used to be a sheet? I also love how I got to use my vintage orange buttons. Really how many opportunities do you have to use orange buttons. I think I am going to take my sheet out for a spin today.

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Great pattern haul! I recognized one of the patterns- I'm sure my Mum had that one when I was a kid. Unfortunately she didn't keep them. Your new top looks nice and cool - love those buttons.

periwinkle said...

lucky you, thats a great find. I think your shirt looks great
lisa x