It started off so well. I really liked the pattern, and I love this fabric. I was happy with the pleats, and I made my machine sew through that bias tape and it hates thick layers. I accepted that I would have to make adjustments, and I promised myself not to get worked up about it. But the neck is huge, and there was no way my machine was going to go through those layers again without a bent needle or worse. I was going to abandon it all together, but I kept going. I planned all along to wear this shirt over a fitted knit shirt. When I was putting on the buttons I realized just one at the top looked better, and kind of made the collar acceptable. (I may just be fooling myself here. ) But I swear I think it really works. I think I should rename this blog, The Misadventures in Sewing. Now I am going to make a BBW shirt to just get over this experience.