Friday, June 27, 2008

Memories of Lavender




I used to live in Paris a lifetime ago. I enjoyed Paris, but I loved the French countryside. I would travel through the countryside during the harvest seasons amazed by the simple beauty of nature. Nothing would compete with the harvesting of lavender. Year after year I would go to the fields right before they were to be harvested, and I would be speechless. I have several postcards that I love looking at to remind me of the past. I think it would be fun to use them as inspiration for the clothing I make for Saga. When she wears this dress I will visit those fields again through memories.

5 comments:

Astrid said...

That's just adorable, and the memory that it brings back is beautiful too. I lived in Paris too - for 1½ years in 1994 to 1996. I agree, the French countryside is amazingly beautiful - I also remember the sunflower fields! :)

Funkymonkey said...

You post lovely photographs, I especially love the one of the lavender fields and your little girl looks adorable.

LisaAnn said...

Astrid- I was living in Paris during that time. Oh, the sunflowers!

hannah m said...

I'm so inspired! By the French lavender and by your beautiful sewing and you lovely Saga!

My sewing machine still needs to be repaired - but you're giving me the push to drag it down to the shop!

Locket Pocket said...

thanks for visiting my blog! Those lavender fields look beautiful and so does your gorgeous girl in her new dress! Lucy x