Friday, June 27, 2008

Memories of Lavender




I used to live in Paris a lifetime ago. I enjoyed Paris, but I loved the French countryside. I would travel through the countryside during the harvest seasons amazed by the simple beauty of nature. Nothing would compete with the harvesting of lavender. Year after year I would go to the fields right before they were to be harvested, and I would be speechless. I have several postcards that I love looking at to remind me of the past. I think it would be fun to use them as inspiration for the clothing I make for Saga. When she wears this dress I will visit those fields again through memories.

5 comments:

Astrid said...

That's just adorable, and the memory that it brings back is beautiful too. I lived in Paris too - for 1½ years in 1994 to 1996. I agree, the French countryside is amazingly beautiful - I also remember the sunflower fields! :)

funkymonkey said...

You post lovely photographs, I especially love the one of the lavender fields and your little girl looks adorable.

Mama de Saga said...

Astrid- I was living in Paris during that time. Oh, the sunflowers!

hannah m said...

I'm so inspired! By the French lavender and by your beautiful sewing and you lovely Saga!

My sewing machine still needs to be repaired - but you're giving me the push to drag it down to the shop!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

thanks for visiting my blog! Those lavender fields look beautiful and so does your gorgeous girl in her new dress! Lucy x