Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day Six

I have fabric envy. I constantly see the beautiful fabrics everyone uses and I know I just can't swing that right now. I support a family of three on a teacher's salary, you get the picture. But I am lucky enough to visit Joann's regularly with my 40% off coupon in hand, and I do so happily. I teach and live in the same neighborhood. When I visit our local Joann's several of the employees there have children at my school. These fine ladies have befriended me, and give me little perks. They hold aside remnants that they think I would like, they will offer to check back stock on patterns for me, and most importantly they do their best to entertain Saga in her least favorite store. (childhood karma coming back to get me) I always leave happy to have seen these women and to have another connection to our community. Connecting with your community in the Silicon Valley is not easy. In the end, I wish I was waiting for a huge order from Super Buzzy or Sew Mama Sew, but then I would miss my time spent with the ladies at Joann's.

Oh, and did I mention teachers get a 15% discount on everything.

No comments: