Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Blouse...


Who knew getting bummer news from work and getting up at 4am because you can't sleep can lead to so much productivity! I cut out two more blouses, bought fabric on ETSY (a first for me, too fun), bought a watch on Amazon, and caught up on my blog reading. I should get up at 4 more often. Yesterday after hearing the bummer news I came home, and made this shirt in 2 hours. Saga thankfully was spending the afternoon at the babysitters, where she has the best time playing with her buddies. I love the two fabrics, but they would be too matronly alone. So I made a contrasting collar. You will soon see as I finish these blouses I am very conservative, in clothing only that is. Remember my fashion icon is Caroline Ingalls, although I also love the stylings of Eliza Jane Wilder Walnut Grove's favorite teacher. Thank you sewing for being there when I get down, you are such a good friend.

3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Glad to see you have turned your frustrations into productivity! I have taken to getting up at 5.00 am every day so I can get my blog reading in and to have some quiet time before the family stir! Can't wait to see your Etsy buys!

Jessica said...

I'm sorry about the bummer news...but I'm glad you were able to create some awesome tops out of the found time. During the school year I love getting up early because its my most productive time. At night the only thing I am good at is falling asleep!

Astrid said...

It sounds like it's a bit expensive getting up that early... ;) I love Etsy, sometimes I spend hours there just hopping from shop to shop - even if I try to limit my purchases... Sorry about the news!