Tuesday, October 28, 2008


I survived the move, but just barely. Most of the house is together except the sewing room which is filled to the ceiling with boxes. I hope to make a sizable dent in it this weekend, fingers crossed. We moved back to the town where I grew up. If you would have told me I would be living in this town again I would never believe you. This morning driving to work a packed bus of teenagers rode past. I knew they were on the way to my old high school. That was the same bus I took to school. Yesterday Saga and I went for a walk along the creek behind our house. I grew up along this creek. Saga loves birds, and the creek and nearby lakes attract many migratory birds. She had a great time bird watching, and I thought about how funny it felt to be back at this place. Strange, but comforting. I was the mom now, and I didn't have to think of an excuse of why I was late for dinner.

6 comments:

Liesl said...

It looks idyllic. Good luck with all that unpacking.

Having travelled the world and lived all over the place, I have eventually moved just 10 minutes drive from my childhood home. Maybe there really is something in that expression, the apple never falls far from the tree!

periwinkle said...

best wishes and good luck in your new home -- hope you get your sewing room sorted soon
lisa x

hannah m said...

Can't wait to see photos of your sewing room! How wonderful. All the best as you settle into your new nest!

Jessica said...

Your new location is just beautiful! What amazing walks to be had there. I hope you are settling away and it is beginning to feel much more like home (esp. when the sewing room is ready!)

Andrea said...

Wow! It looks beautiful! I want to live there too...and go bird-walking!

Kate said...

I hope you unpacked your sewing room over the weekend. It sounds like a nice plave to move back to.